Thread: War on France
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2002, 09:20 PM   #37
Cam
dripping with ignorance

Quote:
if preemtive strikes are legitimate for us then they are also legitimate for our enemies. Preemtive strikes are best done as suprizes. Given this philosophy Bin Ladin's attack on us is legitimate. We are hung by our own rope I think.
Preemptive strikes against Iraq would come after we warned him to disarm. Bin Ladin attacked us without any official warning. The US on the other hand has gone to the UN and asked that Saddam be forced to disarm. That is a major difference.

Quote:
If it is legitimate for us to kill civilians to accomplish the destruction of infrastructure, then again it is legitimate for the enemy to do so.
We have never initiated conflict by attacking citizens. The Pentagon may be considered a military installation and therefore could be considered vulnerable to a first strike. The World Trade Center on the other hand was targeted without prior conflict, or even warning, with the sole intention of killing as many civilians as possible.