View Single Post
Old 06-07-2006, 12:02 PM   #48
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim
I have been researching Vitamin B-17 and have followed many stories who have cured themselves from cancer. This can't be coincidental.
Yes it can. Does every cancer patient who takes B17 survive cancer? Does every cancer patient who doesn't take B17 die of cancer? If the answer to either of those questions is no, then the stories are worthless - there are other stories you aren't looking for that have B17-takers dying or non-B17-takers recovering. You need a scientific study to determine whether the B17 increases the chances of recovery or not.
Quote:
You can't patent a fruit, a seed or a vitamin.
Yes you can. Not that I think you should be able to, but you can. And even if there is a non-patentable but good source, non-patented medicine is a huge business as well.
Quote:
This would be the end to a multi-billion dollar business worldwide.
How about the "alternative medicine" business? They make billions, too, and they don't even have to spend any of it on research. Just marketing.

But more directly - a study of B17 would be easy. It wouldn't require the resources of a huge pharmaceutical giant. A tenured professor at a medical school could get a grant from any number of sources and do it himself. If he finds a cure, he gets a Nobel prize, almost guaranteed. Whatever school he is affiliated with becomes the school that cured cancer.

edit - ah, well. so long Kim.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote