View Single Post
Old 05-27-2006, 05:27 PM   #15
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldencomfort1968
We'll be in the yard and I'll point out some flowers that are coming up in the flower beds that I've worked so hard on and he'll say they are pretty and point out a weed.
Did you respond with, "Oh dear, pull that out will you?"
Quote:
Or in the garden I've planted (he usually does the veggie garden, but he has other things going on this year so I'm doing one) I pointed out how the plants are starting to come up and he points out weeds that I need to take care of.
When he did the veggie garden, was it always perfect? Tell him the weeds help retain the moisture and feed the soil with nitrogen. Or that you'll go fix some lemonade while he takes care of them.
Quote:
It just seems like lots of negatives that I don't need right now. It would be much better to hear "the flowers are sure pretty", "the garden is doing good", and "that's a great way to ship your product."
Mind over matter. If you don't mind, it don't matter. If you do mind, tell him.....in no uncertain terms. Don't hint, don't beat around the bush, straight out tell him.
He may be shocked, he may even get pissed.....but he'll get over it, believe me.