View Single Post
Old 05-24-2006, 01:43 PM   #11
Griff
still says videotape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibram
Bah, I'd pick a broadsword to a whippy little thing any day. But rad video, y'oughtta be proud. Congratulate her on the 3rd for me!
Roger that. You should see the guys fence saber. It is a little more testosterone driven.

One little incedent from Sunday that gets to who my kid is- She lost to a boy in the round robin seeding part of the tourney. She met him again in the single elimination brackets. They started to fence but the off target light kept going off because he had a bad body cord. He tried his spare and it was faulty as well. If your equipment fails its your responsibility and you can be eliminated from the competition. Little Pete really wants to medal so she... offers him her spare cord. He accepts the offer and they fought like mad. She took the first engagement 5-3. He took the second engagement 5-0. Unfortunately, he turns to his Dad and asks what he's going to do for a cord when she leaves. She takes it up a notch beating him 5-3 again and gets a great cheer, the first cheering of the day. Kids Dad came over after with a big grin, he wanted to make sure he had her name right cuz she's going on his boys people I need to beat list. Nice folks down there by the way very welcoming.