View Single Post
Old 05-16-2006, 11:07 AM   #14
mrnoodle
bent

"Tolerance" in its current P.C. incarnation is a disease. It's a blanket term that essentially means "you have to like everything religious people are against, because religious people are evil and want to take away your fun." It has nothing to do with the dictionary definition of the word.

By the dictionary definition of "tolerance," I'm the epitome of the word. I don't try to force anything on anyone. However, because I hold certain beliefs, I am branded "intolerant", regardless of what I actually do.

It's okay, the pendulum will swing back again. I will be an old man when it happens though. I wish I had paid more attention when I was a kid. I didn't realize I was witnessing the end of common sense in the world. Maybe my grandkids' generation will revitalize it. We have to wait for the current middle-aged vapor-brains to die off though. Maybe the stress of trying to organize antiwar rallies, topple the tobacco industry, stuff envelopes for the Rainbow Coalition, and get all the Kwaanza shopping on time done will speed things along.