View Single Post
Old 07-09-2001, 03:51 PM   #11
kezdeth
Colorado Linux Geek

Thanks.

Tony, thanks for the comment. It's nice to know that I'm not fooling myself when I say that I didn't submit anything proprietary or confidential. What's sad is, they also claimed (incorrectly, mind you!) that I was submitting these posts on company time. I demonstrated from the post-dates/times that these could only have been done from home, to no avail.<p>Tony, you're right in what you said concerning management showing contempt for the customers. I still will not say which ISP it was, mostly because I think this could have happened at almost any of them.<p>As for sycamore's question, there was one person from work who followed this thread, and apparently that person's supervisor saw the page on that monitor. When this co-worker was questioned on it, the co-worker (innocently, I'm sure) mentioned that I was the author of the thread. Their contention is that the story about the IT foulup could somehow be traced directly back to the company and identify them to anyone reading this thread. (How they came to that conclusion is beyond me! As far as I can tell, this is the only place it was mentioned!)<p>Oh well, time for me to go hit a few places and put in apps. Thanks, everyone, for reading these, and I'll be around of course.<p>