View Single Post
Old 05-14-2006, 10:25 PM   #21
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Walking is boring, yes. But it's the easiest and cheapest form of exercise.

Stuff like swimming (which I would love to do on a regular basis) usually requires driving to someplace you can do it, exposing yourself to the ridicule of others (although a certain amount of stick-to-it-ive-ness often earns respect in a gym/fitness center setting, even if you don't look like the covermodels who are working out without sweating around you).

If you're looking for something more on the order of "possible to do in the privacy of your own home" there are a number of fitness videos/DVDs that cost under $30 and don't require any additional equipment, and start at all different levels of ability. My cable service has a bunch of free stuff on the On-Demand digital package, including WalkFit, Tai Chi and Yoga segments.

It's all going to be completely fucking boring ... but 20 minutes of boredom a day won't kill you.

I would not follow the suggestion of anyone who says to use meds (other than for a physician identified metabolism issue, or diabetes), either over the counter or prescription. Losing weight is about developing different habits, not about magic pills, which tend to have some pretty scary side effects.

Oh, and I am a past mistress of dealing with cruel heckling, teasing, torture, and the surviving of high school while fat. I always knew I was better than those stupid sonsofbitches.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote