View Single Post
Old 05-06-2006, 11:44 PM   #7
Kitsune
still eats dirt

I lived there for 13 years and will say the place has come a long way since 1989, but it still has a lot of problems. With the way downtown is changing and the flood of people returning to live inside 285, I'd go back if I could find a place to live that wasn't in the suburbs. That's not affordable, though. A still rumored I-685 is something I greatly fear, as it would push the insane cookie-cutter growth well beyond Hall and Cherokee counties and into the mountains. Life outside of I-285 is bad enough as it is. I don't miss much of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pangloss62
Dirty, sprawly, ugly, rife with racial segregation, chicken bones, vomit, urine odors, trash and feces on the ground, a huge population of homeless people, incompetent governance, horrible traffic
Oddly enough, out of all the problems associated with living in Atlanta (traffic, sprawl, humidity, lack of parks, etc) there was one thing that annoyed me to no end about Atlanta: The people that whined day in, day out, about how much they hated living there. Around 1998, a huge number of west coasters moved in with the dot com boom and from listening to them you would have been easily convinced that they were being held, against their will, to live there. My prayers for an end to the tech boom couldn't be answered soon enough to get these people to move away. One such girl that I worked with, known only to me as "SanFran", began her mornings with a scheduled bitch session to anyone who happened to be in earshot about how much she despised the city because "no one lives in Atlanta to live there or have a family. They just come here to make money and leave."

Which was funny, you know, because that was the exact reason she was there.
Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote