View Single Post
Old 05-06-2006, 09:14 PM   #12
billybob
pseudointellectual antipodean omnivore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieL
So...you haven't ever actually been here,
You asked how many times I'd been to [i]California[/].I answered honestly. Apparently, because I haven't been to that particular stae, I've never been to the States.Pay attention, sweetie, or you end up looking silly.
[/quote]
Yank bashing is a nice comfy self-satisfied occupation for many. Evidently NZ has completely enlightened open-border immigration policies too. :-)

.[/quote]
I try to avoid bashing Americans in general, but that doesn't stop those who disagree with me from gratuitously including every other American by proxy on their side of the argument.You need remedial lessons in how to cope with criticism, the 'yank bashing' defence is getting jaded.This is not about America, this is about your opinion.Deal with it.

Incidentally,New Zealand has fairly stringent immigration requirements, backed by a competent customs and immigration service, and protected by an enormous body of water on all sides. As a result, most of the immigrants can speak English and have skills and qualifications that allow them to compete on an equal footing with any other resident.

Despite this, there are still those shameful people who believe that we have 'too many immigrants' and that we 'should send them all home'. I'm sure that if there was an issue with illegal immigrants here, the racists here would be screaming for them to go first.