View Single Post
Old 04-29-2006, 04:04 PM   #59
Cyclefrance
Pump my ride!

This all looks wrong to me. How often do we complain about how others act and yet are no better ourselves? Maybe Mari was digging up past events, but there were plenty of others doing the same. And before someone shouts 'well 'x' started it' - in such arguments that cause people to recall history, it's almost impossible to define the start.

If there was a threat from Mari to UT then in my view it was vapour and a thing of the moment. I can't see a crime, especially when the argument has reached such proportions of emotion that the words are not said for what they mean but from a frustration that forces the writer to say them - that's been happening from a number of sides in the offending thread.

Seems to me that banning is not the solution. From the way this reads to me I would find it impossible to point the finger in any one specific direction. Certainly I could not point it in Mari's based on events in the offending thread. What IS the solution? Everyone accepting (reluctantly and with some difficulty I suspect at such an emotional stage) to stop the thread and take 24 hours out to calm down would be a good move. Back this up by the threat of a ban if any party then afterwards continued to dredge on what should now be considered closed would then IMO be appropriate.

Sorry UT, but I have to say that this looks to be the wrong move IMO - it smacks of a gut reaction - the depth of emotion and long-held hard feelings evoked in the offending thread aren't solved by the remedy and deserve a better result.

(I've editted ' this thread' to 'the offending thread' - apologies for the intital error)

Last edited by Cyclefrance; 04-29-2006 at 04:10 PM.
Cyclefrance is offline   Reply With Quote