View Single Post
Old 04-14-2006, 12:16 AM   #13
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Even The Washington Times demonstrates a problem that is well beyond Rumsfeld.
Quote:
Retired general's call puzzles Rumsfeld aides
"I was particularly taken aback by Batiste," said Larry Di Rita, a senior Rumsfeld adviser. "It seemed very contrary to the interaction I saw in Iraq."
Where has he been besides at extremist indoctrination seminars? Batiste stated why he would not return to Iraq as second in command. Even Rumsfeld's own senior staff somehow did not know this? Or do they even lie to themselves? Where do they think reality lies? With a president who still says we are winning the "Mission Accomplished" war and who says "Nobody expected the levees to be breeched"?

Add another general to a list of critics:
Quote:
Retired Maj. Gen. Robert Scales, a former commander of the Army War College, said the Army, Marines and special operations need 100,000 more troops.
"If you're going to fight a long war," Gen. Scales said, "if this war is generational, and if our grandchildren are going to be fighting this war, and if this war continues to be principally ground warfare, then it just seems overwhelmingly obvious that over the long term we are going to need a bigger ground force."
If our grandchildren will be fighting this war? Leaked was that "Mission Accomplished" would only take 20 years? Our grandchildren will be fighting this?

Is this word from Homer Simpson found in the Oxford dictionary? Duhhhhhh....
tw is offline   Reply With Quote