View Single Post
Old 09-10-2002, 10:30 PM   #3
MaggieL
in the Hour of Scampering

<b>B.J. Cole</b> plays Debussy's <i>Pavane Pour Une Enfante Defunt</i> and <i>Clair de Lune</i> on pedal steel. And while we're on Debussy, <b>Tomita's</b> version of <i>Gardens in the Rain</i>

<b>Rundgren's Utopia</b> plays <i>Mr. Triscuits</i>; Rundgren on guitar and Roger Powell on synth. Also Rundgren's <i>Breathless</i> and <i>Sidewalk Cafe</i>, fine pieces of studio work for their day. Also <i>Pranha</i> from <i>A Treatise on Cosmic Fire</i>

<b>Beaver and Krause</b> <i>By Your Grace</i> and <i>Good Places</i>, with Gerry Mulligan on sax, Paul Beaver on pipe organ and Gail Laughton on harp, recorded in Grace Cathedral.

The mandatory instumental tracks on each <b>Alan Parsons Project</b> album. <i>Hawkeye</I>, <i>Pipeline</I> and <i>Chinese Whispers</i> in particular. Same thing for <b>Joe Walsh</b>

<b>Dave Grusin's</b> <i>Power Wave</i>

<b>Pink Floyd</b> <i>Terminal Frost</i> and <i>Meddle</i>

<b>David Foster's</b> <i>Flight of the Snowbirds</i>

<b>Synergy</b> <i>Delta One</i> and <i>Delta Two</i>

<b>Joe Satriani:</b> <i>Flying in a Blue Dream</i>

<b> Steve Vai</b> <i>I Would Love to</i>

<b>Suzanne Ciani</b> <i>The Velocity of Love</i>

<b>Wendy Carlos</b> doing JSB's <i>Sinfonia in D major</i>, especially the 25th anniversary edition

<b>Afro Celt Sound System</b> <i>Eireann</i> and <i>Hypnotica</i> have great instrumentals even though there is a vocalist

MaggieL is offline   Reply With Quote