View Single Post
Old 03-30-2006, 02:00 PM   #78
Kitsune
still eats dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveBsjb
Not trying to be a nudge, but I still don't understand the answer to the above question. Is there a techie reason why it's bad to post multiple threads here at The Cellar?
You can post 40 times/day with no problem, as long as they're mostly replies. Creating many new threads in a day doesn't give weight to anything, floods the main boards, and pushes out active conversation. There is no techie reason why you can't, but it tends to look like spam on a vB board.

I find it actually pretty difficult to explain, but I guess I could say that it would be like browsing through the stacks at the library and finding slips of paper with text scratched on them scattered amoungst the novels. There are a lot of threads, here, that invite short replies (go check out Guess What It Is) but the boards, themselves, get difficult to sift through with lots of new threads. The threads are intended to carry over many days with the conversation going on inside rather than conversation being carried on in the form of new threads.

...and now I'm just trying to sound like I actually know what I'm talking about, so I'm going to shut up, slink off to find coffee, and maybe try my hand at working while in the office for once.

Work? Damn! This feels strange!
Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote