View Single Post
Old 02-09-2006, 08:51 AM   #114
FallenFairy
nope

yep it turned into a rant....apologies in advance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliantha
I
While people in the west have condemned countries in the middle east for their holy wars for the last hundred years and far beyond, it seems to me that the 'coalition of the willing' has embarked on their own 'holy war' against a religion they find threatening to their own way of life.
OK I am late to this party - but I read along.... my exception to the above quote and other of your posts is that I keep getting the feeling that it is only Christians who are condeming the actions of those rioters and terrorists, and that it is only Christians who are fighting the war in Iraq... not so -
the American people, as a whole, are fighting and condeming the thugs for their actions...including Jews, Buddists, Islamists, Hindis, Atheists, Agnostics, and even those woefully (IMO) misunderstood believers in the Church of the eternal Faming Goat & Boatswain ministries....we are NOT comdeming the extremists for being MUSLIM - we ARE condeming their actions....

Please keep in mind that it is not the MUSLIM religion that is being opposed... it's the terroristic mayhem a group of people who are Muslim uphold and then attribute their actions to the Will of GOD -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliantha
the 'coalition of the willing' has embarked on their own 'holy war' against a religion they find threatening to their own way of life.
Um... color me stupid but I swear it was a extremeist Muslim sect of terrorists that came to AMERICA and killed innocents- we are just cleaning up the mess...

Attempted Iraqi Attacks on U.S. Posts, January 18-19, 1991: Iraqi agents planted bombs at the U.S. Ambassador to Indonesia’s home residence and at the USIS library in Manila.

Attempted Assassination of President Bush by Iraqi Agents, April 14, 1993: The Iraqi intelligence service attempted to assassinate former U.S. President George Bush during a visit to Kuwait. In retaliation, the U.S. launched a cruise missile attack 2 months later on the Iraqi capital Baghdad.

PUK Kidnapping, September 13, 1996: In Iraq, Patriotic Union of Kurdistan (PUK) militants kidnapped four French workers for Pharmaciens Sans Frontieres, a Canadian United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) official, and two Iraqis.

Philippines Hostage Incident, May 27, 2001: Muslim Abu Sayyaf guerrillas seized 13 tourists and 3 staff members at a resort on Palawan Island and took their captives to Basilan Island. The captives included three U.S. citizens: Guellermo Sobero and missionaries Martin and Gracia Burnham. Philippine troops fought a series of battles with the guerrillas between June 1 and June 3 during which 9 hostages escaped and two were found dead. The guerrillas took additional hostages when they seized the hospital in the town of Lamitan. On June 12, Abu Sayyaf spokesman Abu Sabaya claimed that Sobero had been killed and beheaded; his body was found in October. The Burnhams remained in captivity until June 2002.

Death of "the Lion of the Panjshir", September 9, 2001: Two suicide bombers fatally wounded Ahmed Shah Massoud, a leader of Afghanistan’s Northern Alliance, which had opposed both the Soviet occupation and the post-Soviet Taliban government. The bombers posed as journalists and were linked to al-Qaida. The Northern Alliance did not confirm Massoud’s death until September 15.

Terrorist Attacks on U.S. Homeland, September 11, 2001: Two hijacked airliners crashed into the twin towers of the World Trade Center. Soon thereafter, the Pentagon was struck by a third hijacked plane. A fourth hijacked plane, suspected to be bound for a high-profile target in Washington, crashed into a field in southern Pennsylvania. The attacks killed 3,025 U.S. citizens and other nationals. President Bush and Cabinet officials indicated that Usama Bin Laden was the prime suspect and that they considered the United States in a state of war with international terrorism. In the aftermath of the attacks, the United States formed the Global Coalition Against Terrorism.

Attack on a Church in Pakistan, October 28, 2001: Six masked gunmen shot up a church in Bahawalpur, Pakistan, killing 15 Pakistani Christians. No group claimed responsibility, although various militant Muslim groups were suspected.

And the list goes on...
http://www.state.gov/r/pa/ho/pubs/fs/5902.htm

Of course I feel these extremists are threatening my way of life - they ARE.
this rant brought to you by the following sponsors....

Last edited by FallenFairy; 02-09-2006 at 08:54 AM.
FallenFairy is offline   Reply With Quote