View Single Post
Old 06-26-2001, 08:32 PM   #4
nedritchie
Neophyte-in-training

Smile

Just wanted to say that I'm Amy's mom, and before anyone criticizes her too harshly, let me just say that she is such a wonderful, talented, and very gifted child. She aspires to be a trauma surgeon someday, thus the interest in anatomy etc. They all have to learn on something, and small mammals are physiologically quite similar to big ones. If you knew her, you would agree that she is a "breath of fresh air" compared to most of today's teens. Despite her "unusual" hobby, she is also very lovely and ladylike ("multi-faceted" we like to say!) and she plays classical piano by ear (since she was 3) and is very artistic and articulate. She just won the gold medal at our county's district competion for her Taxidermy presentation, and goes to compete at the state level next month. As her parent, I can honestly say that she is a joy, and I couldn't be prouder of her. She's a wonderful daughter and human being. America, after all, has always been known for it's unique, free-thinking, and generally"misunderstood by the masses" individuals. Give her the praise she deserves, or at least the respect. She's just a kid.