View Single Post
Old 02-02-2006, 11:37 PM   #11
Redux

Quote:
"For the good of mankind, wipe these from the face of the earth, and convert their supporters into our supporters. We've got the better deal anyway."
Mr. Gorilla ...do you really believe that the majority of Iraqis are OUR supporters now? Perhaps maybe the Kurds, but they always were more pro-western, as least until we vocally oppose an independent Kurdistan. The new Shiia majority in Iraq is controlled by the Supreme Council for the Islamic Revolution In Iraq (SCIRI) and includes a coalition of other religious parties, each with loyalties to their own theocratic leader (the secularists barely raised a blimp in the voting).

It is just as likely, if not more so, that our actions have helped create a client state more closely alligned with Iran than a secular democracy with any loyalties to the West.

And elections do not a democracy make. The true test of a democracy is the protection of the rights of the minority. Ask the Sunnis how optimistic they are about that.

I'll have more to say but I have an early morning meeting.

I'm also intrigued with your rewriting the history of the Clintons. If only you had facts to back it up.