Thread: Isolationism
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2006, 03:56 PM   #12
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt
What are you getting at, tw?

You know why Israel wants to keep the Palestinians out. It's because a small subset of their numbers are trying to blow the Israelis up.
Why did Arab Israeli terrorism stop *completely* in the late 1990s? What changed that created 2000+ terrorism? There was no need for walls in the late 1990s. What changed?

Assumption that illegal immigraton causes undo stress on American resources has long been proven wrong. It can cause isolated problem where, for example, the most productive source of America's future - immigrants legal and illegal - require education and other investments in America's future. But long term, illegal immigation has been beneficial to the United States. Meanwhile why does this illegal immigration exist? Also why was it not a major problem decades ago? What changed?

What changed that caused this need for a wall? I keep asking this question. Not one response has yet to even approach an answer. Every answer goes to some propaganda idea that 'they are not wanted', or that they are illegal and therefore must be bad. Ok. Why?

Why did the Demilitarized Zone wall in Vietnam fail so catastrophically? Go right back to same principles that are not being addressed here. What is this problem that a wall is suppose to solve? I read popular myths. But I have yet to read a concrete fact. What exactly is the reason for this problem?
tw is offline   Reply With Quote