View Single Post
Old 01-21-2006, 01:21 AM   #96
Urbane Guerrilla
Person who doesn't update the user title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Monkey
If you mean around in person, which is how I took it, then I would absolutely not debate with you face to face. Your overbearing, insulting, bullyish tone is only barely bearable in text form, and would be impossible to deal with in person.
So you're still scared of setting forth your weak ideas in opposition to my strong ones. Perhaps you'd manage a little more bravery if you adopted better ideas.

Possible sources for these, which I dip into from time to time: National Review, American Spectator, any of Ann Coulter's books though not necessarily her columns -- these are at least provocative if nothing else; Commentary, about anything relevant from Regnery Publishing House -- at least for seeing how the other half of America thinks; sundry other books such as J. Neil Schulman's Stopping Power, and Stephen P. Halbrook's That Every Man Be Armed. Anything by Robert Heinlein, from his early juveniles to his late adult stuff. Possibly the Bible as well -- even the most secular person can sift some useful philosophy from these tales. You don't have to be superstitious to get it.

Since you can't much impeach my substance, you decide to object to my tone. Not unexpected, but if you want not to be overborne, the remedy is simple: don't write fatuity. That's really the only thing I expect or demand from anyone here. And don't complain if and when I call you on it.