View Single Post
Old 01-20-2006, 11:49 AM   #10
marichiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothmoniker
That's not irony, that's called consistency.

I think the thing that pisses me off is how they chain-gang the workers into accepting such horrible jobs in the first place! I mean, it would be one thing if Walmart clearly indicated up front how much money, and what sort of additional benefits they would be giving people in echange for their work, and then gave people the option of whether or not they wanted to accept those terms ...

And also, it infuriates me how they move into a new area, and then force all of the consumers in the area to only shop at their stores. I mean, the way they send out bands of roving senior citizens to burn down opposing retailers and distributed small-pox blankets to the owners is unconscionable! If only there were some way to withhold our patronage on an individual basis, maybe the monster would starve and waste away.

Alas, it appears we must be held if death's grim sway.
LOL, good to see that you haven't lost your touch, Smoothmoniker! Still driving around in your stretch limo hummer?

I've been meaning to complain to the authorities about the little old lady who whopped me upside of the head with her cane and dragged me into Wally World and forced me to buy a bunch of brightly colored beads and a small pocket mirror in exchange for the island of Manhatten. Alas, I've been too sick with small pox to make it into the police station. :p

Last edited by marichiko; 01-20-2006 at 04:36 PM.