View Single Post
Old 01-28-2001, 06:34 PM   #7
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Re: Parking parking parking

Quote:
Originally posted by Dagnabit
The train for me is like a 25 minute drive away, and that's to a station where there is NO parking available by 10 am weekdays (Paoli). So already I've added like 30 minutes to the trip which would get me about halfway into town on a typical day.
The same station was that far for me. No problem especially when the alternative is sitting - just sitting - on the Surekill.

Once I could not get parking in N Wales, so I had to go to Ambler. A pain, but less so than dealing with Philly traffic, parking (on the Surekill), tailgaters, etc. I have never had problems with Wayne Sta. which is one of many convenient alternatives to Paoli (and a less expensive ticket).

Look if you think Philly is a problem, then you did not do NYC even in the 1970s or Atlanta these days. Philly is a pain if your previous experiences are Washington, Baltimore, or early 1980 LA. But then guess what - look at the plans on the drawing boards. It will get even worse - much worse. Use the trains. Next decade you will talk about how much easier it once was. Just look at the planning - or non-planning - because politicans even got control of Septa from Mass Transit people.