View Single Post
Old 01-11-2006, 12:27 PM   #121
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

SD, you can count on the fact that whereever you look, they're making laws just outside your field of view. Bank on it. 's why we need to watch each other's backs 'round here...

But back to the movies!

I borrowed from the library and watched last night Whale Rider. I give it four stars. It really was a lovely little film. SonofV enjoyed it too and asked several questions throughout, almost to the point of distraction, but he mostly focused on the thread of the movie. Watch it if you can, I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Road to Singapore. Can you believe Bob Hope gets third billing beneath Bing Crosby and Dorothy Lamour? Hmmph. Anyway, it's a sweet little romp, and leads neatly into the other three Road to... movies in the boxed set Santa got for MrsV this Christmas. A fun little movie.

Jonah -- A Veggie Tales Movie. Another delightful movie. The animation is quite good, the characters are funny and engaging. I find the story and the moral appealing (though others certainly may feel otherwise). SonofV really likes it too. It does justice to the Veggie Tales shorts. This feat is all the more impressive given that the shorts are very good and to carry it off in the much longer movie format requires at a minimum, a lot more jokes. An carry it off, they do. Recommended.