View Single Post
Old 01-05-2006, 10:21 AM   #5
SteveDallas
Your Bartender

Bullshit! Next you're going to be telling me print is dead.

Well you have a point about the timekeeping accuracy of a phone, but I prefer to continue to maintain a wristwatch for several reasons.
  • Checking the time on my phone requires me to pull it from my shirt pocket (assuming it's not already out, on a table or something) and flip the cover. (Yes I know some models display the time on the outside of the case, but I like what I have now.) There are situations where this isn't practical for logistical reasons (standing in line at wawa with a bag of donuts in one hand and a coffee in the other) or because I don't want to draw attention to myself by doing so (committee meetings, school plays, etc.)
  • Believe it or not, there are times when I don't have my phone with me.
  • Force of habit. I've worn one for 25-odd years. (Some of them very odd.) I'm not stopping now. What are you going to do, come to my house and impound my watch, fountain pen, and books??

EDIT: I won't start about an alarm clock either. I believe I've mentioned before that my vision is rather horrible. I have an alarm clock with 2.5" tall red LED numbers. I can actually read it lying in bed without my glasses, as long as it's only a few inches away. Well, the "minute" button is getting flaky, making it increasingly hard to change the alarm. I just tried out one of those clocks taht will project the time, but I found its lens arrangement didn't enlarge things much at all. (Aiming it up at the ceiling, it got to maybe 3 inches tall, which is not big enough at that distance.)

Picky, aren't I?

Last edited by SteveDallas; 01-05-2006 at 10:34 AM.
SteveDallas is offline   Reply With Quote