View Single Post
Old 06-22-2001, 06:08 PM   #4
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

*laughs*

In the long run, it's a matter of cost analysis really. Let's say you work in Center City, and you're company does not pay for parking. Now, let's say you live in Valley Forge, or Torresdale, or Paoli. That's a good hike into Center City, putting up with a ton of traffic and delays, not to mention, paying as much as $18 a day for parking.

Or...you can take some of that time from the delay, pay $30 for a Zone 3 Trailpass (as I would buy) and ride into Market East or Suburban smoothly. Then walk or hop a bus to work. In the end, it just depends where you live and where you work. The only reason I ever drove when I worked in Society Hill and Center City is because CVS paid for my parking at both locations. Otherwise, I would have hit the El or the R7.

SEPTA has its bad spots--buses that smell like pee, cranky folk, and Frankford Terminal (which is its own problem)...not to mention, late buses and trains. On the whole though, I have had a relatively good experience with SEPTA, and support the fare hike.

Besides...what are you going to do? It's not like you can really boycott SEPTA...unless you have friends eager to carpool.