View Single Post
Old 12-12-2005, 09:56 PM   #12
Badgerino
Complex Simpleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce
Gosh, why didn't I think of that?
Your right, just a thought....and not followed by any other thoughts.
If I am personally offended by a business it certainly wouldn't make sense to patronize that business. Walmart is a special case, however. They have never done anything directly to me, probably because I don't go there.
What offends me about Walmart is what they are doing to the country, the states and communities, they purport to serve.
You're fortunate your wife doesn't have to work there....yet.
If you are unaware of the damage Walmart is doing you can Google them and read for days about the evil empire.
Well said. I like to call Walmart "Chinamart", because that is where they are intent on sending our jobs. I wonder, are those low prices really worth the cost to this country? I suppose a job lost does not matter to a Walmart shopper unless it is their own. What about all of those Walmart employees who cannot afford the health insurance offered and then get if from the state? It is nice of the state to help subsidize one of poor Walmart's benefits. Walmart--there is a steel claw underneath that velvet glove. I have not been to a Walmart in 2 years now and there are 2 Walmart supercenters in my town. I buy American whenever possible. I am a Liberal and I do not support the current poser in the White House and his calling himself a Republican would have Ike rolling over in his grave.
Badgerino is offline   Reply With Quote