Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianna
Twicet
What is that word even supposed to be??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad
I had a teacher who pronounced the word "root" as if it rhymed with "soot", and not "boot".
Yeah, I was consistently reminded that the majority of my teachers were complete idiots. I had a teacher in fifth grade who argued with the whole class for ten minutes that the L in salmon was not in fact silent. And I had a teacher in high school who persisted in using the word "irregardless" every single day. And then there was the 7th grade teacher who swore up and down that a line graph was nothing but a bar graph with the tops of the bars connected by a line. But the very earliest disappointment was my first grade teacher, who while teaching us about rounding, was asked whether a 5 was supposed to round up or down, since it was right in the middle. The teacher looked quite seriously at us all and said, "Scientists haven't decided that yet."

But back on topic: my husband says "acrosst" for "across" and "melk" instead of "milk." He also pronounces melee as "mee-lay" instead of "may-lay." You'd think this wouldn't come up so often, but we have a videogame in the house called "Super Smash Brothers Melee," and now he's got the kids pronouncing it the wrong way too.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote