View Single Post
Old 07-25-2002, 08:29 AM   #8
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

My $ .02:

By the dictionary definition of terrorism, I'd say both sides are guilty of such. However, we use the word today like a cheap whore...incredibly overused. Not to mention, that photo is just another attempt to whore out innocent civilians to justify some cause...to stir up what little emotion any people have left regarding this situation.

"You're just another victim, kid."--House of Pain

At this point, I find the numbers to be irrelevant. Not that I don't care about innocents being killed, but numbers can be deceptive. One side having more dead doesn't necessarily mean jack shit. There will always be casualties of war, and I can understand that. I don't personally like it though...one dead is one too many.

Israel says that they tried various alternatives before going with this one. I admittedly don't know much about military operations, but I'm naturally skeptical. It's hard to trust either side these days.

Alon Pincas (Israeli Consul General) took a big step IMO by admitting it was a mistake on Donahue. He and a legal representative for the Palestinians went at it Tuesday night. It was interesting, but nowhere near as fun as when Pincas goes up against Hasim Rahman on Hardball.

The best step the Palestinians could take right now is...nothing. I personally think that the attack was a mistake and could lead to further attacks on Israelis. I hope I am wrong.
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote