Thread: Armistice Day
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2005, 12:32 AM   #6
Urbane Guerrilla
Person who doesn't update the user title

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookout123
there are a few cellarites that are genuine libertarians (small L) that don't beat their chests about their authenticity. the chest beaters seem to be overcomepensating. for what i'll never know.
"Overcomepensating?" Freudian slip? Anyway, it's a case of how we can't believe the crap the other guy's giving us, and figure it's something that needs to be defeated. You don't win elections by making your party membership smaller, and if you want libertarianism of any stripe to happen, you're going to need the votes, aren't you? That means we should devote our efforts towards having a very large chunk of the electorate voting Libertarian and paying party dues. I want a political party more than I want a small club of likeminded gentlemen, none of whom actually or visibly want to be in office.

Guyute, yep, and he killed millions more too, all on account of being interested in total power and unlimited government. The butcher's bill for his tenure was at least twenty million, wasted by collectivist totalitarianism.

Last edited by Urbane Guerrilla; 11-13-2005 at 12:38 AM.
Urbane Guerrilla is offline   Reply With Quote