View Single Post
Old 11-02-2005, 01:18 PM   #1
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

The Generic Support Group Thread

I don't start many threads on The Cellar. Mostly, it is because I don't have so much to say that I can't figure a way to append it to an existing thread. However, after much pondering of a recent thread courtesy of Brianna (found here), I decided that Cellar Dwellars needed a place where they could share their foibles, problems and existential disasters with each other, and possibly receive some sympathy, suggestions or other support for same. I have placed it under "Health", because, after all...isn't it our Mental Health that we need to bolster when we are sharing with others?

In other areas of The Cellar, we often find that those who aren't fat, depressed, unemployed, alcoholic, psychotic, parents of crazy children or otherwise afflicted with the less joyous attributes of this wacky thing we call Life, can be a bit put off by our whining about our woes. With "The Generic Support Group Thread", this is all solved. Those with whine-sensitive sensibilities can avoid this thread and thus save us from being told that we suck when we have something to say about the shit sandwich we are currently eating, without us having to pretend that it tastes like yummy jam and peanut butter. Those who have need of the odd "helping hand" can find safe haven here, and those who don't can continue to project the outcome of the next presidential election.

So...here it is. Piss and Moan Central. Let 'er rip! I'll even start us out:

Beginning last week, my right wrist started hurting like a bitch for no apparent reason. I'm not positive, but I think my chiropractor may have caused it during an adjustment. Now, the current work week is so busy that I have had no chance to get back to his office, and it still hurts. What worries me is that I already have arthritis, and what if this is just a new arthritis-hurty place? Why would it start so suddenly, with no previous symptoms? Has anyone else experienced this?