View Single Post
Old 11-01-2005, 09:44 PM   #64
Urbane Guerrilla
Person who doesn't update the user title

Ted Rall's comic is a largely one-note affair: the Bush bashing of the lunatic fringe, in the manner that is fashionable there, and it does not rise above that. Doesn't strike me as exercise of either intellect or soul, but it sure smells of some alleged adult who's never taken off the Red Diaper. I've some experience of Soviet political cartooning -- Rall's stuff wrt The Leader Of The Free World looks like underground Soviet political cartoons, as approved by the higherups of the Ministry of Culture.

No, I do not love Ted Rall. His website comment after Reagan's death about Reagan "turning crispy brown in hell about now" gives deep offense, and to speak ill of the dead so bespeaks an appalling lack of class. I'd first written "want" there, but I don't see the man wanting class. He merely lacks it. While the man has a right to show the entire planet what a damned ass he is, he won't be selling me any collections of his work. I'll invoke Marichiko's sig about how some people are like Slinkies. It's apposite here.

Last edited by Urbane Guerrilla; 11-01-2005 at 09:49 PM.
Urbane Guerrilla is offline   Reply With Quote