Thread: Hi Everyone!
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2005, 12:10 PM   #45
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Steady
I haven't been to Philly in a long time. But, this is what I was thinking, correct me if I'm wrong pholks.

1. What crunchies do you get on your ice cream at a real Philly ice cream parlor?

We always got little pretzels with our ice cream. I forgot that they call sprinkles jimmies.
That is not a common experience, and was likely unique to the establishment you visited.

Quote:
4. Why can't people from Temple count?

my x is from temple; nuff said
Your x? Then all she needed to be able to do was count to half.

Quote:
6. What is clearly the world's best sandwich?

Cheese Steak. What the hell are you thinking Wolf? You fell asleep on that one.
There were two possible answers to question 6.

Your answer merely indicates that you have never had a hoagie, or at least do not appreciate the importance of this item in Philadelphia Food Culture.

The hoagie is just as unique as the cheesesteak and is absolutely NOT a sub. The Norristown Zep is also not a hoagie, although some elements are shared.

Presidential candidates bring national attention to the cheesesteak because they ritually eat one during the Phila stop of their campaigns. This is because we don't want them finding out about hoagies and deciding to stay. We have enough trouble with our own local politicians. We don't need to import them.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote