View Single Post
Old 10-28-2005, 03:33 AM   #1
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

University Students SUCK

Let me say that I am very disappointed in my fellow University students. I know that I am not exactly attending a prestigious institution (My University's motto is "We Take Anybody!") but, JEEZ! You should hear these whippersnappers in my PolySci class! Granted, its PolySci 200, so we're talking Gen. Ed. here and everybody has to go, so you get a lot of 19-20 year olds. And, brother, let me tell you, these kids have zero compassion, zero tolerance for anything but Bushie and the Religious Right, zero feelings of responsibility to anyone but themselves and THE ALMIGHTY DOLLAR GOD. And everybody else can go screw. They are sickening. One guy said, "this country was founded on Christian-Judeo principles and if you don't work, you don't eat." That is a Christian-Judeo value? Since when? Did I misread my Bible? Did Jesus say, "Those who worketh the holy overtime shall inherit the Earth," or, "If thou brother doeseth stumble and fall, be sure to trample uponeth him and finish him off" ??? Did I miss that? These little snots haven't worked a day in their life (ok, maybe they worked at DairyQueen last summer) walk around with their cell phone stuck to their faces, drive new cars and surely believe their enviable position of full-time, non-working student with a credit card came to them by virture of their superior chromosomes. The bum in the street--tough shit for him. He obviously deserves to be there. That's how young, middle-class American college students are thinking. They deserve Bush. I think I'm going to see if I can transfer to Antioch in Yellow Springs...you see how upset I am. It's four-thirty in the morning and I can't sleep I'm so angry with them all! I swear, I feel like an outlaw and they all give me the evil eye because I CAN'T HELP MYSELF and I speak up on some issues. I hate these kids.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum

Last edited by Trilby; 10-28-2005 at 03:37 AM.
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote