View Single Post
Old 10-20-2005, 01:23 AM   #12
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianna
I am feeling downer and downer. Just back from the BVR...I was tested at the end of august to see how smart I am--appears from the AllKnowing test I took that I am incapable of learing, poor at reason and logic (yeah, I knew that) and since i've got that felony (they didn't hear me when I said i'd gotten treatment in lieu of--) I might as well forget it and crawl back into my hole.

Well. That's about all I feel like doing. I WANTED to be productive---I'm just too stupid and criminal.
Those kinds of tests don't determine how smart you are.

Vocational testing looks at a broad range of categories, some informationally based, some endorsements of preferences, and tries to fit people's answers into some established categories. Most vocational rehab programs are designed to put people into rather small, low-skilled boxes. The tests aren't made for folks with brains, initiative, or desire to excell at anything! They tend not to be very good at figuring out if you should be a physician, lawyer, teacher, but wow, they have a pretty good success rate at singling out the janitors and that guy who wears the leather apron and sweeps the parking lot at Denny's.

You got a motherfucking A+ on your Virginia Woolfe paper, baby. THAT says a lot more about you and your abilities than some damn scansheet where you filled in some circles.

And in case you were wondering ... We have felons working for us at the hospital. Some we knew about beforehand, some we discovered accidentally because we were playing with the Criminal Defendent Database that the county had put online.

Don't sweat it. You're not a leper.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote