View Single Post
Old 10-19-2005, 12:04 PM   #3
Bullitt
This is a fully functional babe lair

Well Bri I'll tell you one thing, students who are in school to learn and conciously beter themselves, really do appreciate it when a "non-traditional student" contributes to the class. Students from an older generation than us youngins can have valuable and worthwhile contributions to class discussion because they have seen more and lived through more in their longer lives. Every time a "non traditional student" shares an opinion or some insight into whatever subject matter in whatever class (there's at least two in each of my classes), I find it to always be very worthwhile listening to, because they actually have something to say and are usually more adept at backing themselves up.
I honestly think that you shouldn't worry about the students that roll their eyes at you, they're the ones who aren't getting what you are out of their education. You'e spending good money to go back to school, so don't let the idiots discourage you!! Learn what you wanna learn and let the eye rollers keep rolling, cause they're going to be the ones working for you one day!