View Single Post
Old 10-12-2005, 01:52 AM   #45
slang
St Petersburg, Florida

If you are interested in some clips of what's going on in the Paki quake relief and conditions there, new clips are available. **this is raw footage of earthquake scenes with some human fatalities shown**

http://www.pindiplus.com/kashif/vdo/index.php

I'm always curious to see raw footage like this, without spin and packaging. Of course...spin would require that I speak that language but you get my meaning.

Bagh looting video 1 and 2: This is the truck of supplies that Kashif bought and arranged shipment of with the transfer I sent for quake relief.

The yellow packages being thrown are biscuts. The main need there right now are blankets and clothing.

The people are complaining that they are from smaller far off villages and have not yet recieved supplies. The residents there are getting the majority of the supplies (translation: they have looted the truck before we could loot the truck, dammit)

"interview" video: you can hear them cheer when they break into the truck and find the blankets. Cool to see even though things are so bad for them right now.

I just wish that I had more cash to send to help out. With very few exceptions, everyone in Pak was very good to me. I have a connection with them even though we're so different and far away.

KA says that the helos from Kabul have arrived and are being put to good use.

Last edited by slang; 10-12-2005 at 02:07 AM.
slang is offline   Reply With Quote