View Single Post
Old 10-02-2005, 10:48 AM   #7
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad
Geez, Syc, did I buy that power supply? If I did, it was probably a Sparkle, fairly well-reviewed, but of course it's hard to review a power supply well. People try, but the criteria that are really important are pretty much hidden from regular folks like us.
Yeah...that was the second one that you put in. It's all good...I'm just glad it was the power supply and not my HD. I replaced it with an Antec Smartpower 2.0 (350 W).

To be fair, I had a great first experience with Geek Squad. April's sister started having problems with her Gateway in the spring--no spyware protection, virus protection was not updated and Win XP was apparently not installed properly over Win ME. The system was so fucked up that it quit booting up after I tried to remove the bad stuff. I took it to Geek Squad in July, and they found it to be a lost cause. Originally, I had asked them to do the full diagnostic...they only charged me half-price for it. And the guy I dealt with was totally professional and sounded like he knew what he was doing.
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote