View Single Post
Old 09-29-2005, 03:44 AM   #17
ashke
Don't look at me!

I don't see how anyone could stand for kids who ask their parents for money to do stuff like homework or housework. Seriously ungrateful. It's like, you're part of the family and you contribute your bit. I might have sympathised if it was only because the homework was boring (I had my share of it, didn't do it anyway; got into trouble but I suppose the advantage of the Singapore system is that they don't require you to do any consistent work and if you can score for exams, you're still okay, grades-wise).

The message I get from my parents is that, if I don't study, I have to go out and work. They'll provide for me as long as I can't. Fair deal, imho. You just can't expect others to take care of you forever.

Even I think this kind of policy is for my own good. I absolutely detest parents who spoil their children. Kids have to be taught discipline and responsibility because they're going to grow up one day and find they aren't kids anymore. And when they're adults and act as if they were still kids, what do you have but an absolute nuisance to society. It's a little ironic that it's coming from me but I have no patience for soft parenting. I know I'm no parent but please, for the love of your own kids, do them the favour and teach them to become adults.
ashke is offline   Reply With Quote