View Single Post
Old 09-21-2005, 10:24 AM   #14
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

It's all about the living conditions of the average person. People in Louisiana took up arms against people who were trying to help them, because mentally they were in a place that they didn't care anymore. Their houses were gone, there were dead bodies floating in the streets, and they wanted food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar
Would it take the murder of your family as they did with Randy Weaver or the people in Waco?
It would take the murder of a lot of families, and I wouldn't count the ones who were stockpiling weapons and participating in a creepy pedophilic cult.

Quote:
Would it take the government stealing everything from you without charging you with a crime as they often do with anonymous tips they get about drug sales?
Me, and several people I know. If this is a problem, it's not widespread enough to affect average people.

Quote:
Would it take the government claiming that your property was theirs to give away to any private person that wants it as they have recently in supreme court decisions?
Only if it were uncompensated, and widespread. I know the compensation they offer in these situations isn't necessarily a fair market price, but I expect to get majorly screwed by someone at least a couple of times in my life. It's just the way it is.

Ultimately, I would have to be in a place where I didn't care. And as long as I have food, and a reasonable place to live, and am not being surrounded by out-and-out destruction and murder of others, I'm still going to care.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote