View Single Post
Old 07-16-2005, 09:16 PM   #7
bluecuracao
in a mood, not cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf
Motts, the photographer, who does awesome work, explores abandoned places and takes some really artful photographs.
Wonderful photos--thanks for sharing, wolf. It never ceases to amaze me how interesting places become when they are "trashed." They are so textural, from the residues of all the elements that have passed through. The tags almost seem desperate, as if to say "Yeah, there was a human being here, beeotch!" When we were kids, my friends and I never passed up the chance to explore an abandoned building. Wow, thinking back on it...we were lucky little fuckers that nothing bad ever happened.

In the 80's, my arch. studio class toured St. Elizabeth's in DC...we were apprehensive beforehand, but once we got there, it was fine. The grounds were beautiful and peaceful. We passed by some occupied quarters where the patients were yelling stuff at us, but no big deal. We got a little freaked out when our guide informed us that John Hinkley, Jr. was allowed to freely roam the grounds. I have no idea if he was kidding or not.
bluecuracao is offline   Reply With Quote