View Single Post
Old 07-15-2005, 05:03 PM   #24
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf
Having read the Koran in it's entirety, I'm interested in this statement ... in what way is The Koran misrepresented? What is the flavor that it's supposed to have?
I keep asking for specific examples of how the English version did not agree with the Arabic version. Instead I always get answers that are general; a specific example not cited. The Koran is on my reading list. And until I read it, I was not going to press them on specifics. Meanwhile, which English version of the Koran did you read?

Quote:
Where'd you get the 1990 date?
1 Aug 1990 : the day that Saddam invaded Kuwait. Previously, many right wing Americans such as Kilpatrick, Buchanan, Wolfovich, Quayle, etc were still insisting that the Cold War had not ended. A resulting new world order meant the US paid practically nothing to liberate Kuwait; Japan being the country that paid most for that war. Most every nation paid something to liberate Kuwait. How's that for just another example of how the world changed. A war authorized and legal without a national declaration of war. Even the American extreme right wing conceded that the Cold War was over due to what happened on 1 Aug 1990. It is one of the rare times in history where virtually the entire world came to the same conclusion. 1 Aug 1990 was a rare example of when the entire world was working for the benefit of the world's people. 1 Aug 1990 was a day the world changed.

Another noteworthy day (and I don't have the date) was when Hitler was elected by the German people.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote