Thread: Google Earth
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2005, 10:00 PM   #2
Scopulus Argentarius
Your current user title is:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigV
Do you remember that flying dream? It was sooo cool, but you couldn't always fly where you wanted to. Well now, thanks to the wonderful minds at Google, I happily announce Google Earth. Take a heaping helping of the brainiacs at Google, mix in generous portions of too much time on their hands, (no, wait, that's me, sorry), plentiful satellite imagery and map data, top it all off with a double fistfull of computer horsepower, especially video hardware, and serve on a big fat broadband connection, and, Voila! Fly anywhere your heart desires.
<faulknerisms>

Mega cool....better than a video game....been flying to places ...seeing things from afar..(like me parked at work 3 years ago... and shit like that)..

Been plotting my running routes around then neighborhood. New running route is a quarter mile longer than the old one (thought I was cheating myself last 6 months...) Did a few sanity checks .. measured my sidewalk width...it was right give or take 1/2 a foot..can see my sago palm from 300 ft up....

Wondering why Indiana ( and mass...) is all high res... nothing too spectacular there afaict...might just have to zoom in

</faulknerisms>
Scopulus Argentarius is offline   Reply With Quote