View Single Post
Old 06-16-2005, 11:21 AM   #18
jtm
Dog O'Nine Tails

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnoodle
Nah, I'm always that way about environmentalists. I just usually filter it. The point of their message has nothing to do with cars, or you would see that many people on their bikes every day.
Just because they don't live that way everyday doesn't mean their message or actions are invalid. What do you care about? our country? our troops? does each day in your life revolve around your passions? By your logic, unless you are [ed.] constantly active for your passions, then you are a poser as you claim these cyclists to be. Worse if you have no passions and are futilely heckling from sidelines at those courageous enough to act for what they care about.

Quote:
Their message is, "look how edgy and politically active I am. Now that I've done this, I can live normally until the next left-wing cattle call." Five'll get you ten that at least half of em own SUVs.
I'd love to take that bet. For one thing, SUVs are virtually non-existent in Europe compared to the US. Maybe one in 20 vehicles at most. But your point is hypocrisy, I know. On what basis do you judge environmentalists as hypocrites? Because some don't consume their life with it? Again, do you consume your life with your passions?

Quote:
Oh, but to answer your point, the joke was that their heads were their least valuable body parts, and if they were going to wear protective gear, they might have covered, say, their sweaty nasty balls.
Their head may be the most valuable but if you have been on a bike recently you'd know their feet would hurt the most moment to moment, since pedals, especially clipless pedals, aren't designed for barefeet comfort.

Last edited by jtm; 06-16-2005 at 02:41 PM.
jtm is offline   Reply With Quote