View Single Post
Old 05-26-2005, 11:17 AM   #74
mrnoodle
bent

I have not a violent bone in my body. I've never thrown the first punch, I've turned the other cheek more times than I care to count, and I haven't shot at anyone since 1989. If a bug is in the house, I'm more likely to catch it and release it outside than to stomp on it.

You can rob me, you can beat me up, you can set my car on fire, and I'll call 911 and let the flawed system run its course. But mess with my family or with kids in general and you opt out of the human race as far as I'm concerned. If anyone attempted rape or murder of my nephews, niece, parents or siblings, a prison term for me is a foregone conclusion, because the sonofabitch will not see another sunrise. I know that's wrong from the standpoint of my faith, and I know it's a foreign concept to many people who have never lived in an environment where the police were no more than 5 minutes away at any time.

But no, nobody could make me "mad" enough to do violence against them for anything other than self-defense. With the above caveat.