Thread: NOAA Weather
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2005, 01:51 PM   #50
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by warch
My problem is that fact that people live in a country whose Primary Language is English, yet they don't take the time to learn it.

Who are these hoards of slackers you have a problem with? I see tons of English language learners each week of all levels. Might there be other reasons besides time that their fluency is lacking? Does that matter to you? Should we just leave them ill informed? Would that impact us negatively? Should we help them at all? What about helping fund English classes? Is that out, too? I think translational, educational help is a courtesy and in all of our best interests. If you want participatory goverment you need to facilitate participation. You need to share information and communicate clearly.

Remind me: What public education services do your children, those with special needs receive? Are they tax funded by the likes of me- someone with no children at all? I assume that your kids need government funded services and arent just slackers. I dont view those expenses as a courtesy. I actually believe that investing in the access to and education of your kids is a good, financial and ethical investment on my part. I think it will make them productive and better citizens. And if your kids need communication assistance to participate as better citizens, I would think that a good investment , too.

There are so many other legitimate areas of waste in government spending of my money. What about the 72 milllion dollar pay bonus we just gave Brown and Root, inc. AKA Halliburton the non bid contractor who is still under investigation for shady accounting, overcharging? Where is that outrage?
I was gonna remove my cap in respect and clap politely, but I think I'll just say FUCKIN' A!!