View Single Post
Old 05-19-2005, 07:44 AM   #1
staceyv
Lecturer

I think I'm smoking counterfeit cigarettes

I keep reading online about counterfeit cigarettes made in crime rings that are being sold through the internet, and how they have very high levels of cadmium, arsenic, other toxins and heavy metals. (More than regular cigarettes, which alone can kill you.)

I got a little concerned, because I buy cigarettes online for just over $11 a carton, plus shipping. (A carton in the store is about $50)

The cigarettes are made in the Ukraine and are in a different pack than in the U.S. (Most european cigs are different than U.S, even major brands).

Still, I start wondering if they're counterfeit and they're gonna kill me in half the time. So, I emailed the website I buy them from.

Emails:
ME:
I keep reading things online about dangerous counterfeit cigarettes that contain more toxins.
Do you know where your cigarettes are produced, and by what company?

If I am concerned about smoking counterfeit cigarettes, would you suggest that I buy them in a store in the US instead of ordering them online?
(Or are yours safe?)

REPLY:
Dear Sir,
Our cigarettes are slightly different from US cigarettes.
They come from Eastern Europe.

If you have some additional questions, feel free to contact us.
Have a great day!

ME:
thanks for telling me where they come from, but do you know what company manufactures them?

REPLY:
Dear Customer,

We don't deal with Phillip Morris.

If you have some additional questions, feel free to contact us.
Have a great day!
staceyv is offline   Reply With Quote