View Single Post
Old 05-13-2005, 06:50 AM   #1
staceyv
Lecturer

Customer service has gone to hell in a handbasket

WHY, oh WHY can't I receive good service anywhere???

Restaurants are okay, because they work for tips, but all of these companies that hire teenagers and pay minmum wage are making my life miserable.

Last week we went to the grocery store deli. The kid behind the counter told us :"sorry, I closed 5 minutes ago".
I went to the front and asked what time the deli closed- they said 10:00. It was 9:45.
So, the manager told him to serve us. This kid proceeded to finish washing the entire floor and then he dried it before he asked what we wanted.
By that time, I was waiting in the car because I felt like I could flip out.
It took us 21 minutes from the time we asked until the time we got the meat.

Then I went to Walmart last night and some little bitch at the customer service counter decided that I'm retarded, or at least that's how she made me feel. She kept clicking her fingernail on the counter to accent her words:
"No (click), you cannot (click) have store credit (click). You must (click) use the credit (click) card (click) that you paid (click) with.

Oh my god, I wanted to rip off her fingernails and poke her eyes out. She was like a robot, speaking in monotone, repeating the same thing over and over and clicking.

I was trained to be polite to all customers at all times- has this gone out of style?

I've had my cashiers complain to me that they are tired, some don't ever look at me and say "thaaaanks" like it sucked every last bit of energy out of them.
They are either bitchy, stupid, rude or incompetent.

I don't even ask for much!!! I am NOT a needy customer. I don't want special favors. I just want to be treated with politeness and respect and get out of the store. I don't need to chat, I don't ask questions unless I can't find something (and then they act like I put them through SO much trouble because they have to stop stocking that very important bra rack they were working on- how DARE I? )

If they didn't have customers, they wouldn't have a friggin job.
It's getting to the point that I don't want to go in any store where they pay minimum wage.
DAMN it.
staceyv is offline   Reply With Quote