Thread: New Clothes
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2005, 01:26 AM   #5
Tonchi
Victim of gravity

The problem is not just with you, we are having a women's clothing crisis in this country right now. Ever since they shut down the factories where people who could actually wear the stuff they manufactured worked and sent the industry overseas, we have been at the mercy of crappy materials, 10-year old machine operators, piecework quotas, and sizes that are marked completely differently from what an American can fit into. Because every brand seems to be tagged by reaching into a hat, and even the same brand changes season to season as the factories shift from one Third World country to another, you have no way of knowing if something will fit. You simply have to attempt to put it on, and forget what the label says. No wonder you hate it, the entire experience is too time consuming and unrewarding. We are being sold rags made of synthetic fibers, unlined, and with seams that unravel before you even get it off the hanger, and at twice the price it was before we destroyed our own garment industry. I used to love to shop for clothes, and now I find myself complaining to the salesperson more than going home with a purchase.