View Single Post
Old 05-23-2002, 05:31 PM   #13
Joe
Master of the Domain

dunno

By the relatively short length of that divot and the minor damage to the plane (OK it's toast but you can still tell it's a plane), I'd say she landed on the main wheels in controlled fashion, rolled out a while then finally the nose had to come down and when it did it dug in. Looks like it was only going about 20kts or so when it went over.

I don't think she landed nosewheel first, or you'd just see a big hole and a few pieces of sheetmetal laying around, since that would mean she flew it into the ground rather than land, and she'd have been going a lot faster.

I think she did a good forced landing, but the ground was simply too soft to support an airplane, most likely because it's a golf course and not a runway.

Not such a bad deal, nobody was injured, some of the plane may be salvageable, and the pilot will live to fly another day.

When the FBO hears about the crash the first thing they're going to do is ask if everyone's OK. When they learn that everyone is fine, they'll breath a huge sigh of relief.