View Single Post
Old 03-13-2005, 01:53 PM   #30
Nightsong
Wang Dude

I actually see them fairly often. Living in a moderatly rural town in SOuth Carolina helps. I live about 30 minutes out of Charleston. The sad part is I see quite a few more dead ones then live ones. But the live ones are breath taking. Many of the native species here have made minor come backs in the last decade or so. Though the area is growing rapidlty there is a push to make the neighborhoods more like parks since people want to live in that old Carolina feel. This has helped some.

Foxes are just one of the great animals we have seen lately. Bald eagles have been nesting nearby again. Various raptors of all types (out state has a breeding program for them) Hell my dog got chased by a great horned owl the other night. Of late I have also seen wild mink, and in the nearby Beidler forest that I occasionally drive through at night there are wolves again were there weren't any a few years ago. You think a fox is impressive, try staring down a wild wolf. Even in the car that is an awesome sight. BUt there are little furry critters that arent as cute but equally important to the ecosphere. Why heres one now!
Attached Images

Nightsong is offline   Reply With Quote