Thread: God? Faith?
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2005, 03:06 PM   #94
Troubleshooter
The urban Jane Goodall

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnoodle
I have the backing of umpteen jillion world religions, offshoots of such, and...well, don't be silly. If we weren't searching for the spiritual piece of the puzzle, both individually and corporately, we wouldn't be having this conversation at all. We would have called it a moot point right around the time we discovered fire.

Finding the meaning behind the obvious causality is where spirituality comes in. If a butterfly flapping its wings causes a hurricane on the other side of the world, the people hit by the hurricane still want to know before they die, "Why am I here?"

The obvious question to this is "yeah, but what if I don't believe in a spiritual nature?". I say you do believe in it, but have chosen to ignore it for some reason. It's inbred.
You miss my point. Just because there is a question doesn't mean that there is an answer. A cognitive need is not necessarily derived from the existence of some ephemeral entity.

And leave my family out of this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnoodle
Address your question "To whom it may concern" and see who answers. My God answers anonymous questions - if the person asking has understanding as his/her motivation, and not "ok, show me what you got".
But you have yet to show any of these answers and how they differ from your run-of-the-mill hallucination.