Thread: God? Faith?
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2005, 07:06 PM   #30
Schrodinger's Cat
Macavity

I do not believe there is some sort of personal Almighty "who sees the sparrow fall." If this were the case, such an entity would be classified as a devil, rather than "God."

As a scientist, I have yet to see anything which proves the existance or non-existance of God. Every argument I have ever heard on the subject at last relies on "It's turtles all the way down."

I have had events occur in my life that had a probability of happening of about .00000000000000000000000000000000000000001%, and I've had such things happen to me more than twice but less than ten times in my life. These things intrigued me when they happened and continue to intrigue me now. Were they result of some God-like force? I am skeptical of this, but open to further information should any deity passing by in the neighborhood be willing to dispense it. (I don't know what catagory that places me in for the poll, so I didn't answer it).